Temperament quiz(Foote)/Beetem

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 15:14:14 EST

 Anne writes:
>How's that?

   That's great!  I will try some to find someone around here to play Chopin
in  your recommended temperaments.  It is interesting that Debussy sounds
better to others in WT.  Not me, but I have gained a new appreciation for the
ET sounds of his music by becoming familiar with HT's,   I still like that
unrelenting buzz from ET.  It seems, at times, that he  is writing for it.
     I suppose that this really points out the need for a "temperament
recital";  A place with four or so temperaments that the pieces could be
compared with.  It is such an ineffable quality, this key chacter, that we
really need to hear it,then talk about it.
Thanks for the post, I'll add it to my list of things to consider changing in
my life.  (:)}}
Ed Foote