Negative crown

Doug Richards Doug.Richards@quantum.com
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 20:48:51 -0800

Del,

I agree completely.  It's just that impedance is not the property I'm used
to using.  On mechanical structures in the lab I measure the force and
frequency response (transfer function) when understanding a mode shape.  I
can see the time and frequency domain force input, the resulting
acceleration of the measurement point and the internal damping of the
structure.  After taking multiple measurements, I can visualize the
structure response at any frequency in question with modal analysis software
(or just the plots for a simple structure).  I have never wanted to look at
the impedance that I know of but you can teach me..

doug