add-on player system

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 21:09:43 -0500

A few days I posted a message about an add-on player system.  I was
asked to post what I found.

The system was sort of a kluge.  It had a tape system made by Mitsubishi
and the mechanics was by Marrantz. There were several of those stick-on
embossed labels on some of the components that were not professionally
manufactured.

I talked to a dealer (RPT) who knew the piano! He was involved in the
installation.

The tape deck had some real problems.  When I pressed PLAY, the tape
would move into the mechanism from the multi-tape tray, but then would
immediately come out.  Who knows what could be going on!

Apparently, there is a guy in the midwest who can still fix these
ancient things, but the technology is too old to spend good money on.

The sad part is that the owners were told the system worked when they
purchased the paino.  They didn't check it out, so now they are stuck.
Mind you, these folks own a computer company and can well afford a new
add-on system, but it's a shame that dishonesty often shows up during
piano deals.

Enjoy the holiday and thanks in advance for all the help I'll get from
you folks next yar.
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member