Satin finish

Wim en Debby wim.debby@village.uunet.be
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:39:33 +0100

Hi Joseph,
In my opinion they write it to avoid the polish to soak into the pinblock. l
have seen some piano's that were treated with teakoil ( the kind you use for
the furniture) cuz it makes your pins shine real nice. But the oil soaked
into the pinblock and the tuningpins came loose. l think the same thing will
happen when you put the polish near the tuningpins.
Hope this helps.
Greatings,

Wim Vermeyen
Wim's Piano Service
Ekeren, Belgium
wim.debby@village.uunet.be

you wrote,
<Don et al,

I've asked this question to the list before with no response, but do you
know why Cory says on their satin polish to avoid the tuning pin area? Is it
perhaps because the product contains the dreaded silicone substance? I also
wonder about the high gloss polish, but no such admonition appears on the
bottle. Any comments people?

Joseph Alkana  RPT