Satin Finish

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:46:01 -0500 (EST)

At 06:57 AM 12/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>John,
>
>The satin finish on most Kawai grands is top coated with Polurathane
Varnish, and can be treated like most other fine furniture.

>The easiest product to use is 'Cory' polish, which comes in a formula for
satin finishes.

>A well wrung out washcloth with mild soap will also work to remove
fingerprints, followed by a soft dry cloth.

>Don Mannino RPT
>Kawai America

Don et al,

I've asked this question to the list before with no response, but do you
know why Cory says on their satin polish to avoid the tuning pin area? Is it
perhaps because the product contains the dreaded silicone substance? I also
wonder about the high gloss polish, but no such admonition appears on the
bottle. Any comments people?

Joseph Alkana  RPT