wippens for old steinway upright

ARTHUR CHICKERING chikring@midcoast.com
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 17:27:24 -0500

Dear List,

I am looking for a piano supply company that sells individual wippens =
for an 1887 Steinway upright.  The part is listed as Model K small heel =
in the Pianotek catologue.  They only sell them by the set for $487.00.  =
I only need 6 of them.  The part is made by Tokiwa.=20
I had 6 broken jacks which I tried to replace with standard upright =
jacks,but found out the hard way that they are 1/4 of an inch too long.  =
It really messed up the regulation on these notes. Is there any one who =
sells 2 3/4 inch replacement jacks?  The ones I bought were about 3 =
inches long.

Thanks,

Arthur