Belarus Pianos

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:24:31 -0500

>The new local guitar and drum shop has started to sell Schubert pianos.
>These are also from Belarus. What is
>the experience with these pianos if any. Would like to know before I go in
>there and get myself in trouble.
>Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.
>
>Herman Sorgatz, Rhinelander, Wi.

I worked for a dealer which carried these.  I was told that there is NO
factory warranty.  Workmanship was nonexistent, tuning was a joke.  They
also manufactured some models for an American named company (can't remember
which).  No keybed.  You could look between the keys and see your feet.
Oh.  And they're ugly, too.  Also not returnable.  Needless to say, this
dealer got rid of the ones they had ordered and then found another
manufacturer for their low line.  These things will give your dealership a
BAD reputation.

Jeff Tanner, Piano Technician
School of Music
University of South Carolina