Sreinway C

Charles K. Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:50:58 -0600

Dear Claude,

I would recommend sending the piano to the Steinway & Sons restoration
department which does excellent work and has performed similar jobs for us,
i.e. complete action replacement.  Call Mike Megaloudis in the restoration
department at 1-800-223-6017 for an estimate.

Charles

>I have in my shop 1 grand piano 7'5" Steinway C dated 1893 serial# 75991
>Someone picked up the action for servicing a few years ago from the
>customer and never returned the action. Unknown technician cannot
>locate. The plate is also signed by composer Arthur Rubinstein.I am
>looking for a complete action for this piano. I have called Steinway New
>York for a quotation of cost.They referred me to the parts lady at
>steinway to try and put an action together.What an experience , I have
>to order everything one item# at a time.Frustration !!!! All I asked for
>was one complete action for this piano (frame, keys, stack,etc...).Will
>the Steinway D action fit in this piano. Should I consider retrofit A
>Stanwood Action. Need Comments. Need prices.
>
>Musically yours Claude Quincy Damphousse RPT

Charles Ball, RPT
School of Music
University of Texas at Austin
mailto:ckball@mail.utexas.edu