Sreinway C

Quincy Quincy@igs.net
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:07:29 -0400

I have in my shop 1 grand piano 7'5" Steinway C dated 1893 serial# 75991
Someone picked up the action for servicing a few years ago from the
customer and never returned the action. Unknown technician cannot
locate. The plate is also signed by composer Arthur Rubinstein.I am
looking for a complete action for this piano. I have called Steinway New
York for a quotation of cost.They referred me to the parts lady at
steinway to try and put an action together.What an experience , I have
to order everything one item# at a time.Frustration !!!! All I asked for
was one complete action for this piano (frame, keys, stack,etc...).Will
the Steinway D action fit in this piano. Should I consider retrofit A
Stanwood Action. Need Comments. Need prices.

Musically yours Claude Quincy Damphousse RPT