Band Saws/shopsmith

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:57:46 -0600

list,

>         I'll second the Shopsmith idea, it's a great tool for cutting.
>horizontal boreing, and drilling, compound angles. I know a few tech's on
>the list are very proud owners,

Ja, sure... you betcha...

> maybe we should start a jig and use thread.

You can set up the disc sander to do a great job on tapering hammers.

Some pinblocks get a bit too wide to drill from one side. I have to use
wedges, etc. to angle them for the pin angle, so I recently got (at an
auction) a bench drill press which I will use for my next block. The head
and motor can be moved up and down the shaft so I can rig a plank across
the case, slide the press along and drill them through the plate. No
possibility of alignment screwups from wandering drillbits.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College		(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045