Disability Insurance

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:59:02 EST

<< I'm interested in what kind of disability insurance, if any, some of you
might
 be using.  Is the PTG program the best coverage and rate or are there better
 ones out there?  I think social security pays some benefits in the event that
 you become unable to work.  Is it enough to get by?
 David Porter
 St. Louis, MO

David:

I don't think the PTG insurance has a disability option. I have my self
covered for enough to pay the mortgage on the house and the utilities. The
rest, Jan will ahve to work and make ends meet.

There are lots of different companies out there, but when you do get coverage,
be sure there are two very important aspects: They can't cancell you no matter
how bad health you are in, and they can't raise your rates.

Wim