"A Brief Animal Story"

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:46:40 EST

 Richard writes:
>he told me the worst dogs were the little ones, esp
>the little ones in high society.  I had to agree as I remembered the only
>time I was ever bitten was by a little dog, (in St Francis Woods) and of
>course you would never sue over a little dog  bite...

I agree.  The only time I was ever bitten, it was by a little chihuahua,( or
something like that, it looked like a rat on acid).  This was owned by one of
the wealthiest families in town.  Big, fine house, Steinway B, etc.
    6 months later I was back at the house with only the housekeeper there
when the dog found its way into the music parlor.  Since I was ready to leave,
I asked the house keeper to pick the dog up and she replied, "Oh no, he will
bite me!".  So........... I told her that I was going to have to kick the dog
if he went for my ankle, and she said that was fine with her.
     This overpriviliged mutt had obviously never had to deal with the
aggression being returned, so was completely unprepared for meeting Mr.
"Foot".  I managed to loft it completely over the sofa, causing it to land
upside down on the coffee table, barely missing a very large Waterford sherry
decanter, but it was worth it.
    The last time I went in that house, the owner couldn't understand why
"Penrod" would not come out from under the kitchen table to "greet" me!   It
ranks as one of my all time favorite visits.
Regards,
Ed Foote