Steinway K worth the price?

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:12:57 -0500

>>Dear List:
>>I just got off the phone with a customer who wants me to evaluate a one
>>year old Steinway K (traded back in toward a grand piano) from the local,
>>prominent Steinway dealer.
>>The price: $21,000.
>>Any thoughts from list members? Happy recent purchasers of Ks?
>>
>>Patrick

Thanks to those of you who gave me your thoughts on the above matter. I
inspected it today. I am concerned about several compression ridges which I
found. Otherwise everything seems AOK, but very expensive.

Any thoughts on the Steinway/compression ridge controversy as it applies to
this situation?
TIA,
Patrick