Another Question

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:59:38 +0100

Avery,
I would opt for an hourly rate. I am  in the same position here in
Amsterdam, but other dealers in Holland every now and then ask me to come to
their stores/workplaces to fix a problem, regulate/voice etc.
If you work for this particular dealer on a regular basis, I would recommend
a "modest" but reasonable price, or, "another kind of deal" where both
parties can be happy with. Of course, we must not compare the work of an
average tuner with that of a more skilled technician like you, hence a
higher price.
Also, the dealer should be very happy that his instruments are in much
better shape. He will sell them more quickly and make his money easier.
Through his contacts your reputation spreads, you get more work, whether you
need it or not, that is not the issue, I merely point out the eventual
benefits of a healthy symbiosis. I have worked like this for many years.

Friendly greetings,

André