Steinway double flange

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 17:48:12 -0400

When Steinway reintroduced the 'K' a number of years ago, I acquired a
1903 model for a couple hundred dollars.  I ordered double flanges from
APSCO and was dissappointed with the fit.  I returned them after
deciding to replace the whole action with a new one direct from the NY
factory.  They sent blueprints and provided phone support.

You have to remove stock from the inside of the arms, install bracket
mounts, and replace the dowel capstans.

Came out OK.

Carl Root, RPT