Steinway double flange

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM Jlovekeys@AOL.COM
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:53:12 EST

I have a customer with an older Steinway upright that has the double flange
for the damper and hammer. These are beginning to break and need replacing.
However the replacement part I got from a local tech do not fit the hammers.
The slot where the hammer fits is too narrow. I fixed one of them by filing
the flange some but the results were not satisfactory. Does anyone know who
might have the correct replacement parts with the right fit?  Sure need some
advice on this one. Thanks. Jim Love PTG associate, Midland, tx.