installing new knuckles

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:58:26 +0000

Hi Roger,

I was taught differently.

The nap should run with the jack the carding gap is for repetition.

Also, use hot glue and run it along the slot _not_ in the slot the glue
works like  the collar on a hammer shank.  This is to allow removal at a
later date. Glue will seep into the slot but it is limited.  Doing it
this way allows you to get a snug fit to the bottom of the slot with
having to use excessive force.

Barrie,

In article <199812081624.KAA4786009@raiden.sk.sympatico.ca>, Roger Jolly
<baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK Piano Page                              |