Restringing time

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 19:46:00 -0600 (CST)

At 12:07 PM 12/7/98 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi everybody, Stuart here from Australia
>Could anyone tell me the maximum time allowed between removing the strings
and refiting the strings?before the soundboard loses its crown.
>Thankyou ,Stuart

Huh?

I don't see how relieving downbearing pressure on a soundboard by removing
the strings can make the board lose crown. If you are removing all the
strings at once, you can leave them off for years without hurting anything.
If you are removing part of the strings and leaving tension on the rest, you
should get them back on as soon as possible. You don't want uneven loads on
the board for any longer than necessary.

Is that what you meant?

 Ron