How far is too far?

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@email.msn.com
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 13:49:39 -0500

Rob,

How Far is Too Far for community service? How far is too far to give a =
little that makes you feel great? Sometimes I do things way under my =
normal charges. The reasons are always personal; they have no meaning =
except for myself. The remuneration I receive can't be counted in =
dollars and cents. Perhaps this experience might be one of those for =
you.

If you break this experience down into actual hours including the number =
of hours for paperwork, phone calls, etc., did you meet your normal, =
expected rate? Somehow I doubt it.=20

Only you can decide if the experience was worth it. =20

Now if you are asking for advice if these "new" clients call back, you =
might want to be prepared. I suggest you have a minimum day rate that is =
acceptable to you. When they call, tell them that's what you must =
receive before you will come out that far. Let them determine if they're =
willing to pay it. If they agree, go for it. If they don't, well.... =
say, no thanks. :-)

Gina

Gina Carter
Charlotte NC