Treating pinblocks with CA

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 13:06:52 EST

<< Hello List,

 Question for those who have used CA glue to treat pinblocks. I have noticed
that the fumes from the thin CA glue are quite strong. How do you handle the
fumes when treating a pinblock with CA in a customer's home? Please assume
that the piano is not worth moving to the shop for this procedure.

 Thanks,
 Dale >>

The question is, are the fumes toxic? If they are not, then I don't think we
have too much to wory about. When I dope a block, I tell the customer that the
fumes are not toxic, but that it does have a bad smell, and if they open the
doors and windows for a few minutes, the smell will go away.

If the fumes are toxic, then maybe we shouldn't be using this stuff.

Wim