Bass Bridge Removal

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 19:44:34 -0400

Hi Terry,
The bridge might be screwed to the apron, from behind. I'm assuming the
shelf you are referring to, is what I call an apron.
If so, go behind the piano, and remove the screws, which go through the
soundboard, into the apron.
Then use heat and moisture to soften the glue, and use an offset bridge
removing chisel, and tap it loose. You can then get at the screws to
remove the bridge from the apron, for duplication.
It might be an idea to check the bearing, in case you want to alter the
new bridge, for better bearing.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.