Whipping Bass Strings

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 17:08:13 -0600

Hi John,
             Re stringing is the number one choice, but whipping the bass
strings has it's place when budgets are restricted, and it can make a big
difference on an old upright. I have cleaned up and whipped iron wound
strings that have produced some fantastic bass sounds that modern copper
strings would have a hard time reproducing. Particularly on old Heinzman's,
I know you have a few of those in your neck of the woods. This raises the
question, is there any one out there making quality iron wound strings?
Regards Roger

At 05:19 PM 03/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>I have never been in favour, of whipping Bass strings to liven them up.
>I always felt, that new strings were the way to go, for long lasting
>results.
>Have I been doing my customers, a dis-service, by not offering this
>option?
>How long lasting, are, the results of whipping the Bass strings?
>Regards,
>John M. Ross
>Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Roger Jolly