pianotech-digest V1997 #1340

AndyTTaylr@AOL.COM AndyTTaylr@AOL.COM
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:08:31 EST

You Wrote:

<<Hi-I have a 1958-59 Acrosonic (with "built by Baldwin" written on it).  It
is
a cherry spinet in pretty good shape.  It has been in a house with air
conditioning, not a swamp cooler if that matters.  How do I go about pricing
it to sell?  I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

thank you.  Denise  ddcook2003@aol.com>>

Denise
Despite what I have written about spinet pianos, The Baldwin Acrosonic is the
BEST piano as far as spinets goes. They are not bad at all as far as tone goes
for that size piano.
Depending on what shape the inner workings & the condition of the cabinet, I
would put it in the $450-$1200 range. piano prices vary widely depending on
the area you live in. In the heartland pianos go pretty cheap, they are
slightly higher on the East coast, and much higher on the West coast.
Hope this helps
Andy Taylor