Pricing fixing

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:46:01 EST

In a message dated 11/30/98 9:19:50 AM Central Standard Time,
Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu writes:

<< In my area the local garbage
 company has bought up all the other mom and pop garbage services around
 and then raised the rates by about 50%.  I'm not aware of any options
 and if the lousy service keeps up, I might just dial the FTC myself or
 become a garbage man and make some real money.
 -Mike >>

Franz Mohr always used to say that he "would rather collect garbage than have
to tune a piano with a Strobe Tuner".

I've always heard that garbage collectors actually make good pay.  When I was
a teenager in Los Angeles working at a restaurant,  there was a Mexican
dishwasher there who aspired to that kind of work as a way of raising his
family out of poverty into the middle class dream life of Southern California.
He used to say, "Me, I gonna be basura (trash) truck driver.  Make mucho
lechuga! (lettuce, meaning money)".

I like the "lechuga" my WonderWand and Accu-Tuner are making for me right now.
'Tis the season!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin