Pipe Organ Pitch Variation

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 23:31:03 -0600

>...The question is, is there some formula that will
>tell me where the organ pitch will be at normal room temperature. In other
>words, if the room will be 10 degrees warmer when the piano and organ will be
>played together, how much will the pitch change?
>
>Dave Bunch

The only accurate formula I have been able to arrive at is to have the room
at the temperature that is normal before tuning, and that is somewhat
subject to change by the number of people in attendance and the opening and
closing of doors by those people coming and going during this normal time.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731