WD40

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:33:37 -0600

Hi Dave,
        One born every minute. I wonder what type of an engineer?  WD40 has
been designed to creep, so that it will help to loosen stuborn nuts and
bolts,in other words it will not stay where you put it. Once the volitiles
evaporate the residue acts as a very good dirt collector, depending on air
borne pollutants in the area, it could be speeding up corrosion not
inhibiting it. You might mention that the plate pins are a friction fit, a
fairly smart engineer, ask him if he is trying to get rid of the friction.
Regards Roger.

At 10:45 PM 18/08/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>I have a client with a S & S  B who is an engineer who put WD40 on the
strings
>at the plate pins.  He thought it was rusting.  We all know that WD40 is not
>to be any where around a piano.  He wants a technical explanation why.  He
>tends to talk above me, and wants a technical explanation for every thing I
>do.
>
>What should I tell him?  I cannot seem to keep him happy.  I know this has
>been talked about it before, I been in this for 18 years, know better about
>WD40.  Help!
>
>BTW, glad to be back.  I was in the middle of moving, house, shop and all,
and
>had to step down from the list for a while.  Shop is still being put
together.

>Dave Peake, RPT
>Oregon City, OR

Roger Jolly