Rescaling question (Update)

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 23:52:50 EDT

List,

The power and value of this list has come through once again!  Thanks to the
advice of Newton and Del, as well as others, I kept at it, and by
experimenting with all variables, not to mention neglecting my family for a
day and a half while I played with the PSCALE program, I've managed to reduce
the 40,300lbs down to 38,900lbs.  I'm still about 275lbs higher then what I
thought was original, but I've discovered that what I thought were original
bass strings are more then likey replacements (Newton suggested that when I
mentioned to him that I had unwrapped ends by the agraffes of 1-1/4" all the
way down).  So I figure the piano originally had a slightly higher tension
anyway.

I've got a great inharmonicity curve.  Looking forward to hearing it!  Thanks
for all the help.

Gordon Large, RPT