M & H 'AA'

A440A A440A@aol.com
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:28:13 EDT

Avery wrote:
>Does anyone have an idea why there would need to be that extra set of
>punchings in order to get the let-off correct?

       Are the capstan screws turned way down, or is there a really thin
backcloth?  If the replacement knuckles were too large, you would expect to
see either or both of these symptoms, plus the let-off buttons turned down
low.
     Are the let-off screws also turned way down, or could this possibly have
been done by a technician that wanted a fresh surface on the letoff button and
took the easy way by just gluing on new ones. I have seen that done.
Let us know.
Ed Foote