School dist.

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 07:16:01 -0500

One of our prosperous school systems in this area, Parkway, for a number of
years sent out proposals to tune their pianos.  It too stated that if your
bid was accepted that you still wouldn't get all the schools in the
district but that it did pin you down on a price for the school year and
that they could use your bid to share with other districts.  I used to go
through all the trouble filling these out until I found out that tuners who
didn't even compete were getting the school jobs also but didn't compete in
price.  So.. I stopped sending in the bids and do just as many of their
schools as I did before .  It seems here that the head music teacher in
each school can use whoever they choose.  There are some teachers who are
loyal and some who worry so much about price that it is silly.  I have been
tuning for this school system since 1972 and they are just as flaky then as
they are now.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
"A wonderful thing happens when you start promoting--Opportunities for
work.".