School district contracts

Lwellerrpt Lwellerrpt@aol.com
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 23:38:44 EDT

Hello all-

I have a customer who is employed by the music department of a large (86,000
students) school district.  She feels that the current system of contracting
out the piano tuning is a terrible way to accomplish the service needed.
Concerts have gone on without the requested tunings and the general condition
of the instruments is poor.

My customer is optomistic about geting the current method changed.  I told her
about the College and University Technicians committee and the reports put out
by them. I was wondering if any of you would please be able to get me in touch
with the appropriate people so I may obtain some info for her.

Also, I would love to hear what other technicians have done to communicate the
real needs of pianos and performers to bureaucrats is school districts.

Thanks a lot.

Lisa Weller