MeyersonFisk "split" Mixture - acetic acid

Terry Beckingham Terry_Beckingham@mbnet.mb.ca
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:58:59 -0500 (CDT)

At 14:22 4/27/98 +0200, you wrote:

>If this is possible with acetic acid, it should be possible also to remove
>the bridges from the soundboard with this stuff.  Anyone has done it yet
>with this stuff?
>thanks in advance
>
>Peter

Peter,

I tried glacial acetic acid diluted to a 30 percent solution on the treble
bridge of an old upright. It didn't do anything. I increased it to a 50
percent solution and still had no luck. I eventually chiseled it off. It's
pretty nasty stuff and I don't recommend it.

Terry Beckingham