Yamaha C3

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:47:31 -0600

-----Original Message-----
Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Yamaha C3

>You obviously haven't seen the newer Petrofs, or for that matter the older
>ones.....
>they are VERY nice instruments..... and, thank goodness they all don't
sound
>like Yamahas......

DON"T
>>THINK SO!
>>Ed Tomlinson

Personal taste would obviously dictate one piano SOUNDING better than
another, regardless of brand.  Personally, I find Yamahas way too bright.
But the issue in this thread is QUALITY and CONSTRUCTION and I already
chided Richard G. in private about daring such a comparison!  I told him
there would be "backlash!"

I wouldn't buy either brand.  I would and do recommend both brands but the
sound is so different I would never recommend them to the same person!  The
5 Petrof grands I played and heard at a factory demo could not project the
sound.  It sounded nice but somewhat muffled.  Like the sounds were
"trapped" inside the piano.

Glenn.