pitch recognition, clip and save.

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:33:27 -0500

>From Encyclopedia Britannica   1967

Under Pitch, musical

	Absolute Pitch.  The ability to identify any note, at some standard
pitch, by ear, or to sing a specified note at will without recourse to an
instrument, is popularly called "absolute pitch".  Fully developed
absolute pitch is uncommon. It appears in early childhood and is evidently
an acute form of memory or recollection of sounds of a particuar
instrument such as the HOME PIANO.  Some musicians slowly acquire some
degree of absolute pitch, if only for the familiar "concert A."

Guess who's childhood piano was tuned 1/2 step low?   Well eleven isn't
early childhood.  Perpaps my father's record player wasn't going at 331/3
rpm.

So the next time you tell a client the piano really should have three
tunings to raise it 1/2 step, especially if the children are taking
lessons, show them the quote.  Now if I get a dollar for every tuning this
sells, I will be happy.

	Richard Moody

		"I don't make much money,
		   but I've got it made"       (Country and Western song)