Dubious Nutritional Content (was, and still is: Off Topic)

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 00:58:55 -0500

----------
> From: Bill Ballard <yardbird@sover.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Dubious Nutritional Content (was, and still is: Off Topic)
> Date: Thursday, April 23, 1998 9:46 PM
>

> Did I tell you. I've started on a strict Historical Compass policy. If
on
> the  piano, I see any music at all from the classical period or earlier,
> only tune the middle five octaves. The 1st and 7th octaves are
completely
> ignored. Admittedly, my tuning business now specializes in a narrow
field.
> But as a result, I now have plenty of time to promote this policy on
PTech.

> Bill Ballard, RPT
> New Hampshire Chapter, PTG
>
> "Round here we don't talk unless we can improve in the silence."
>     Ron Rude, local Public Radio Commentator.

Bill
	Would you then mute the 7th octave?  I am thinking of  those sympathetic
ringings never heard in music of that time. Any objection to piece of two
inch duct tape for that octave?

Rich The Looney Tuner

	"I don't make much money
	  But I've got it made."