Back to coil tapping, momentarily

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:33:47 -0400

Once the coil is set tightly around the pin, wouldn't further tapping also
have
an affect on pin torque or front string segment tension or allow pin to 'slip'
due to the tension ?

I usually set/tap the coils many times during the chipping/ first tuning
process but after that would there be any real need to continue the process?
It's not as though there are forces on the coil as on the bridge pin and
string.

Just some thoughts,

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)