Zimmerman Grands

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:14:30 +0200

Avery,
The Zimmerman pianos I tune are all made before 1989 , and I am glad there
are not many of them.
The new Zimmerman's I saw in the Frankfurt Music Fair last March, are fine
pianos, like all the former East German brands that now belong to the
Bechstein Group.

Michiel van Loon
mvanloon+AEA-xs4all.nl
Meppel
Nederland

+AD4-   I've just been asked about a Zimmerman grand that a country club type
+AD4-of place is considering. I've tuned one or two but, again, have had no
+AD4-extensive experience with this brand. I remember the one I tuned needed
+AD4-regulating, to say the least. And it wasn't all that old.
+AD4-   The lady who called said she would find out the model/size of the piano.
+AD4-Otherwise, it's app. 7 yrs. old, ebony and the seller is asking +ACQ-2500.00.
+AD4-That low a price for a 7 yr. old grand is enough to make me wary.
+AD4-   Is this one of the Samick made pianos?
+AD4-   Any comments about quality, longevity, etc. would be appreciated and I
+AD4-will pass the info along to the customer.
+AD4-   Thanks again for the mountains of information this list provides.
+AD4-
+AD4-Avery
+AD4-
+AD4AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8-
+AD4-Avery Todd, RPT
+AD4-Moores School of Music
+AD4-University of Houston
+AD4-Houston, TX 77204-4893
+AD4-713-743-3226
+AD4-atodd+AEA-uh.edu
+AD4-http://www.music.uh.edu/
+AD4-
+AD4- o  For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and
+AD4-    large drawers . (Classified Ad)
+AD4-
+AD4-