Pianovelle and Temperament (WasRe: _Two_ways,...)

Gordon Rumson rumsong@cadvision.com
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 23:08:50 -0600

>        Our little chapter is meeting Tuesday evening, and I spent a bit of the
>day sorting through HT posts. We plan on reviewing some of the list
>discussions and demonstrating with a Pianovelle. We may also use the charts
>in the SAT book to try our hands at a couple of temperaments.

>Guy Nichols, RPT
>nicho@lascruces.com

Greetings,

Hey, that's great!  I just gave a special demonstration with the pianovelle
about a month ago.  I was asked to re-present the lecture/demonstration to
the local Technicians group.

What temperaments will you use?  I stuck with the 18th century well
tempered one.  I translated some of the figures from Jorgensen's book.
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the SAT book?

All best wishes,

Gordon Rumson

Canadian Pianist and Composer

Founder and Proprietor of Sikesdi Press
Music Publishers of the "New and Little Known"
Music by Sorabji, Johansen, Mellers, Flynn, ApIvor and others.
http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/liszt/SikesdiPressWebpage.html