Screw stringers

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 00:54:52 -0400

A devise such as the Becket tool would help in the
even-ness of the machines as it does with tuning pin beckets.
But it would take much more practice and patience.

Richard, I think you were right in your reasoning for their demise,
too labor intensive.

Jon Page

PS Jim Colman, Jr has the machines for replacements.

I bowed out of the last encounter; newly restrung, machines breaking
because of excess slack.  Agony waiting to happen.

I gracefully bowed out; and as Billrpt encourages, I did not disparage
the instrument or 'rebuilder', but suggested she call the person who
performed the 'rebuild' to remedy a few technical difficulties.

Again covering the butts of a few slackards.         Chin up, I say.