Chickering hinge

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:58:12

Greetings Greg,
                Heck I feel like a walking Bill Board for Baldwin today.
Samick manufactured the D.H.Baldwin. Which has become the Wurlitzer line,
the 5'8" model was reverse engineered from the R scale.
  The Baldwin Company is going through some very positive changes. Only The
Artist Series Pianos will bear the Baldwin name, and is under going many up
grades at present. A firm company decision has been made that ONLY top line
American built products will bear the BALDWIN name on the key board cover.
Due to marketing considerations, Chickering will be the mid price/quality
range of product. And Wurlitzer will be the product that will appeal to the
more price conscious buyer.
Hope this helps to clarify.
Regards Roger.

At 01:35 PM 4/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dave and list,
>
>Weren't there a few lines of Baldwin pianos that were made by Hyundai
>(Samick)? I know that there was "D.H. Baldwin" and it was Korean made.
>
>Anybody out there with more info?
>
>Greg
>
>David Porritt wrote:
>
>> David:
>>
>> If it's fairly new, it's made by Baldwin.  This is now their second line
>> replacing the Baldwin "Classic" that wasn't so classic!
>>
>> dave
>>
>> David ilvedson wrote:
>>
>> > List,
>> >
>> > I was contacted by a customer with a "Chickering" #507#EBY with
>> > some damage to the long lid hinge.  I haven't seen it but was
>> > wondering if this is Korean made?  It is brand new...Does anyone
>> > know the manufacturer.  I received some pictures with a letter
>> > and pictures show some gaps between the hinge and the lid which
>> > means to me that the screws have been forced out of their holes.
>> > I imagine I can remove it and hammer it flat etc. and repair the
>> > holes...ordering it from the factory would also be an option,
>> > one preferred by owner.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance...
>> >
>> > ilvey
>> > Pacifica, CA