Screw stringers

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:40:34 -0500

----------
> From: Bill Ballard <yardbird@sover.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Screw stringers
> Date: Saturday, April 18, 1998 8:14 AM
> Who
> has the figures on M&H's affair with the screw-stringer. Count your
beans,
> move 'em into a single pile. I thnk the screw-stringer was oversold
>
> Bill Ballard, RPT
> New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

I think the screw stringer was like the Mac.  When you actually get to
work on one, you love it.  Also perhaps, the name wasn't condusive to the
bourgeois sales rooms.  "Yes Ma'am this screw stringer will be a treasured
family heirloom." Had they come up with a name as euphoniness (sic) as
"accelerated action", all pianos would be screw stringers.
	I think they were under valued as in appreciated. But now that I want
one, I guess I will have to pay through the nose.   So I will open the bid
at $500 for decent servicable M&H screw stringer. If it needs restringing,
the offer is $10.
Richard Moody