Plexiglas piano

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:04:44 -0500 (CDT)

Dear List,

Long ago (1996) this subject was briefly mentioned  by Don Mannino
concerning a Kawai grand plexiglas piano (actually a Kawai X-500 Grand
*acrylic resin lucite* according to an older brochure I have in my
possession).

Well, I have in front of me a Schimmel brochure with a picture of a G grand
series (6' 9") in plexiglas with a white frame.  Awesome!  Part of the info
says, "...In no way is the heavy plexiglas cabinetry detrimental to the
tone quality; in fact, it greatly enhances it...."

(Just more of that *spare time* going through files looking at piano
manufacturers' names for "knee boards.")

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731