hard pounding

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@calcna.ab.ca
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 05:43:00 -0600 (MDT)

	Jim and all,
	I have been studying and experimenting with different hammer
techniques for quite a few years (as perhaps we all have) and I feel that
the biggest problem in tuning technique is getting the pin to turn in the
block without turning too far.
	I realize that every piano is different but does anyone have a new
effective way of overcoming this "static friction" in order to move the
pins in smaller steps?

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta