hard pounding

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:45:34 +0000

> Date:          Sat, 11 Apr 1998 19:46:52 -0700
> From:          Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       Re: hard pounding

In my trials and tribulations with Steinway uprights such as the
1098 and F the heavy handed approach didn't work.  It seemed
like I was building up the tension somewhere in the wire and the
pitch might very well go sharp.  Although I generally had no
idea where it would go.  I never have been able to get a feel
for what was happening with the pin and string.  I tend to tune
them with low expectations and make as little change as
possible.

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA