pianotech-digest V1997 #733

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:58:42 -0400

>Good Subject,  Need more input,  lets see it from the pro's

Carl Root has his list of things with make this list less instead of more
fun. This particular post is a clear example of some of the things which
make this list difficult for me. Besides the "Me, Too" content, I would
hope we could also avoid:
	1.) Letting a digest number into the subject field. I know many of
us receive the list in digest form, but it really screws upthe continuity
of the threads when all we have to go on is the number of the digest in
which the post being replied to was buried.
	2.) The body make no mention of the subject, further destroying it
connection to the discussion.
and               3.) the post isn't even signed. There has been enough
talk over the years about the value of bona fide signatures (not just email
addresses) finishing off our posts. I've said it before. It's one thing to
lurk for months on end and never have any one guess you're there. It's
another to suddenly jump out of the shadows, wearing a paper bag over your
head.

BTW, Don, see you at chapter meeting on Monday.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"If you are in a dilemma about where to park your car, ask your hostess. If
she is engaged, ask some responsible person who can indicate a convenient
spot"
Betty White's Teenage Dance Book (paperback, 1959)