Scaling & Parsons scaling program.

Rolland Miller rmiller@EN.COM
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 07:45:09 -0400

Hello list,
I plan to replace the bass strings on a "modest" grand piano in the near
future.  In the past I have used scaling spreadsheets made up myself using
either the Al Sanderson or Dave Roberts formulas and Quattro Pro.  However,
in the not so distant past, my old computer went down mother board, hard
drive, scaling spreadsheets and all.  I'm starting from scratch.  (got a
new computer though)

Questions:
How does the Parsons scaling software compare to custom spreadsheets made
by yourself?
Does it do an automatic calculation of a "theoretically correct" scaling or
can one customize by putting in their own diameters and work out their own
scaling?

Any information/suggestions happily received!!

Thanks Rolland Miller, RPT <rmiller@en.com>