String Levelling questions

A440A A440A@aol.com
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:46:30 EDT

Newton writes:
<<Remove the wire from the brake with a pair of vise grips and hole the
drips and spool so it will not unspool.  Remove the brake and reverse it
so that the guide hole is toward the wire coming off the spool.  Reverse
the other part and thread the wire through it's hole then bend it up so
that it staightens the wire as it comes off the spool.>>

    Ah,.  thank you Newton.  I knew that I had forgotten what I did,  or was
it that I forgot that I knew?  Anyhow,  yes, this is the way the brakes work
to straighten the wire, and also to keep it from unwinding  while the reel is
out in stringing.
Regards,
Ed Foote