Too much String Leveling --IMHO Foolish!

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 15:49:01 -0500 (CDT)

>David ilvedson wrote
>
>> Eliminate the "yank" and no bang!
>
>Ok, even with a "kinder-gentler" action as you and Conrad suggest.  Just
>how long can i keep lifting and working the same string year after year
>over and over before something goes bang-- or worse-- fragment of brass
>decides to "get even" with me by bouncing off my nose to ruin my day?
>-Mike Jorgensen

You're asking an academic question, Mike.  Every string acted on will
respond in its own way.

The only real answer is get your hands dirty, and find out like the rest of
us what really happens when strings are leveled.  :-)

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731