String Levelling

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:18:24 -0400

>In a message dated 4/5/98 11:58:37 PM, yardbird@sover.net wrote:

<<Even though the string cuts will necessarily (and undeniably) bring the
>impact time of a level hammer on unlevel strings together,>>
>
>Bill;
> Maybe you are right but.......try this on the next example of a badly
>mismatched and heavily string cut hammer you run into. (preferably on a grand)
>'Very lightly' block the hammer on the strings and see which string blocks
>first.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

You know, Jim, I have tried this and you're 100% correct. But at midnight
last night, I figured I'd pick the answer (logical albeit not supported by
the facts) which would avoid me a hold slew of "whyfors", "How comes" , and
"Yeah Buts.."

You welcome to 'em, Jim  ;-}

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

".......true more in general than specifically"
Lenny Bruce, spoofing a radio discussion of the Hebrew roots of Calypso music