Crumbly Black Corfam

Richard Wagner Rjwag@pacifier.com
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 12:43:33 -0700

Dear List,

I'm posting this question for an internet-less coleague.

He has a customer whose Baldwin vertical contains synthetic buckskin which,
from searching the archives, I believe to be called Corfam.

This stuff isn't hard however, it's getting crumbly and gooey.

He knows he'll have to replace it eventually and wants to do so before it
becomes a real sticky mess but the customer would like to hold off as long
as possible.  I suppose 'til the money shows up from somwhere.

His question is, "Once this sort of deterioration begins, how long does it
take to progress to the *awful mess* stage?"  And, should he push to do it
quickly or can he and his customer afford to wait awhile?

PS.  The piano is in a fairly moderate climatic zone ie: no major dampness
or dryness problems involved.

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

Sincerely,

		Richard Wagner RPT