pitch and Richard Moody

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 07:28:58 -0500

Ok so I have to raise a piano from 438 to 440. How far above A40 would you
suggest?   If you don't guess, what is your method? If there if a formula
you use for the machine, could you give it, perhaps it could be translated
for the benifit of aural tuners. Maybe I used the wrong word, replace
"guess" with "estimate".

You wrote "> I would take issue with you about guessing how far to raise
on a less than  2 bps change and stability afterwards.

	I wrote that I do NOT advise raise to pitch LESS than 2 cps. (execpt by
contract). And regarding stability, on any pitch raise, a second tuning is
necessary to assertain stability. Hopefully if the guesses were right, it
will only be a touchup. Usually the treble is lower than the bass, so the
amount of raise differs across the 88 notes.
Richard Weguess